Location: Chicago Loop
Area of Practice: Real Estate Transactions
Lease Administration Attorney
Job Type: Full-time
Marc Realty is a full-service commercial real estate company that owns, manages, and leases office buildings throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. The Lease Administration Attorney is responsible for providing legal guidance and support in the management and administration of lease agreements for commercial real estate properties. They work closely with clients, property managers, and other stakeholders to ensure that lease agreements are structured properly, compliant with relevant laws, and effectively administered.
1. Lease Agreement Review: Review, draft, and negotiate lease agreements on behalf of the Company, ensuring that they protect the Company's interests and comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
2. Compliance: Ensure that lease agreements, lease-related documents, and property management practices comply with local, state, and federal laws, including landlord-tenant laws, zoning regulations, and other real estate laws.
3. Lease Enforcement: Assist the Company in enforcing lease agreements, which may include resolving disputes, handling lease violations, and pursuing legal actions when necessary.
4. Lease Administration: Oversee the administrative aspects of lease agreements, including tracking key dates, rent payments, renewals, and lease amendments.
5. Due Diligence: Conduct due diligence on potential lease agreements, examining the financial stability of tenants and reviewing property inspection reports.
6. Negotiation: Negotiate lease terms, rent adjustments, and other lease-related matters on behalf of clients.
7. Lease Modification: Advise the Company on the modification, renewal, or termination of lease agreements and assist in negotiating any necessary changes.
8. Legal Research: Stay updated on relevant real estate laws, regulations, and industry trends to provide accurate legal counsel.
9. Client Communication: Maintain open and effective communication with stakeholders, providing legal advice and updates on lease-related matters.
10. Dispute Resolution: Mediate or represent the Company in lease-related disputes, either through negotiations, mediation, or litigation.
11. Document Management: Maintain organized records of lease agreements, correspondence, and related documents.
1. Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school and a license to practice law in the jurisdiction where the attorney operates.
2. Specialization or experience in real estate law, commercial real estate, or lease administration.
3. Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal real estate laws and regulations.
4. Excellent negotiation, communication, and legal research skills.
5. Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple lease agreements simultaneously.
6. Problem-solving skills and the ability to handle lease-related disputes effectively.
7. Experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex lease agreements.
8. Experience in commercial real estate transactions.
9. Familiarity with real estate management software and tools is a plus.
10. The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
11. Strong ethical and professional standards.
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Send resumes to