Location: Illinois - West
Location: Rockford, IL
Area of Practice: Family Law
Attorney - Marital and Family Law
Starting at $90,000
We are a mid-size law firm that has been in business for over 80 years and we are growing! We are looking for a full-time experienced Family Law Attorney to practice all aspects of family law, including divorce, support issues and the allocation of parental responsibilities. Initial responsibilities will be to handle all aspects of the litigation process including status calls, prove-ups, trials, arbitrations, written discovery, depositions, motion practice as well as post-judgment hearings including garnishment and citations. Please find the responsibilities and requirements for this role listed below.
• Independently manage a caseload
• Ability to manage full case handling responsibilities, including all facets of discovery and trial
• Drafting pleadings, motions, interrogatories and other legal documents
• Work closely with other attorneys, team members, and Partners on legal projects
• Regularly handle court appearances and depositions
• Communicate with clients and provide status reports
• Represent clients in court or before government agencies
• Prepare and draft legal documents on behalf of clients
• Negotiate settlements for legal disputes
• Comply with all legal standards and regulations
Candidates should have litigation experience and be licensed (or willing and able to become licensed) and in good standing to practice law in the state of Illinois. A transferable book of business (partial or full) is not necessary but would be considered positively.
Candidates must possess a JD degree and have or be able to obtain appropriate licensure to practice law in Illinois.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is eager to grow their legal career. You will receive a competitive base salary, bonus potential and benefits package. People who love working in a strong team-oriented environment are our ideal candidates
Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org