Experience: 10 years
Location: Chicago Loop
Area of Practice: Family Law
Respected Chicago-based matrimonial law firm seeking experienced litigator to oversee and manage attorneys and paralegals. Successful candidate will have ongoing case and relationship management accountability for litigation and other legal related work involving the firm, oversee caseloads of other attorneys and may manage own case load. The managing attorney will focus on objectives to set direction and drive superior results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Leads and directs the work activities and has full management responsibility for the performance of attorneys and select staff in office. Assigns cases to attorneys, monitors work and coordinates with others outside of office as needed. Optimizes talent in accordance with client needs and expectations, driving desired behavior to achieve results.
Oversees the work of attorneys and paralegals involved in the handling of all cases including highly complex or specialized matters from pleadings through trial driving for superior results.
Provides trial coaching/oversight and assistance to attorneys.
Reviews and discusses the litigation strategy with assigned attorneys including whether a case should be tried or settled.
Actively supports attorneys to enable them to drive case to resolution with an appropriate sense of urgency.
Stays up to date on legal trends and developments.
Communicates regularly and concisely with clients, management and others to ensure appropriate level of understanding for effective case management.
Conducts legal research and analysis of facts and information to provide counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues. Counsels clients, attorneys and management when changes in the law occur.
Ensures that department staff is trained on appropriate procedures. Makes suggestions and executes ideas to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the program.
Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Significant trial experience and senior level knowledge of the theories and principles of litigation management.
2. Seasoned management skills with the ability to coach, mentor and develop subordinate staff.
3. Independent judgment and ability to effectively manage internal and external business relationships.
4. Superior verbal and written communication skills.
5. Exceptional negotiation and analytical skills with the ability to develop and implement tactical strategies in line with business goals and objectives.
6. Ability to effectively manage and resolve ambiguous and complex issues and situations.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software including legal files management and billing software.
8. Focuses on objectives to set direction and drive superior results.
9. Builds a competitive organization by attracting, managing, developing and retaining the talent needed to win.
10. Helps other to excel through collaboration and building strong relationships.
11. Thinks creatively and uses diverse ideas to solve problems.
12. Raises expectations of self and others by continuously learning and broadening industry and technical skills.
Education & Experience
JD with admission to the bar required in IL.
Typically a minimum of 10 years related litigation/trial experience. 5 years managerial exposure desired. Family Law experience a plus.
Collegial environment with a great staff. We offer great compensation and a great benefit package. Your resume will be received in confidence.
415 N. State St, Chicago, IL 60654
You must include the box number LB 3141 in the subject of the email. If you do not want your resume sent to a particular firm put the name of the firm and the box number in the body of the e-mail. Indicate 'Confidential Reply' in the subject line.