Experience: 2 years
Location: Chicago Loop
About the Paralegal (Pre-Litigation) Position:
Our Pre-Litigation Paralegal will work alongside litigation counsel and a collaborative and supportive legal team in the pre litigation phase of cases at our Chicago office.
As the pre-litigation paralegal, you are at the crucial forefront stage, directly contributing to our clients' successful outcomes.
Who We are Looking For:
We are looking for a passionate, excited legal assistant or paralegal that is ready to advance their skills to the next level. We value resourcefulness, personal confidence, adaptability, and personal engagement.
As we are team-centered, we are looking for someone that has a strong team work ethic.
About Walner Law:
Walner Law is a fast-paced personal injury law firm that has been in business since 1973. Walner Law, through our incredible employees, offer our clients the best professional legal services to achieve the results they deserve for their injuries.
We value placing our clients first, positivity, empathy, quality, trust, teamwork, goal-orientated respect and accountability.
Pre-Litigation Paralegal Defined Job Roles:
Work as a liaison and maintain communication with clients
Participate in case preparation
Composing and sending demand letters
Researching & collecting evidence for pre-suit investigations
Proactively work with our clients in the gathering of medical records and factual documents
Assist in the preparation of pre-suit negotiations
Compose & file documentation, forms & memos associated with mediation
Organization of internal case files, contacts, deadlines, & maintaining internal databases
Preparing & organizing exhibits
Assisting the team on other projects when available
Pre-Litigation Paralegal Requirements:
2+ years' experience of working on an Administrative Assistant, legal assistant, or similar in a personal injury law firm.
Significant experience with office management systems and procedures, as well as with office equipment, such as printers and fax machines
Good practical experience with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat
Experience in Neos or other case management softwares
Strong time management and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize work
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with close attention to detail
Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Bachelor's Degree Preferred, or High School degree (with additional professional experience)
CAREER GROWTH ROADMAP:
* Walner Law is a fast growing company. We meet with you regularly to always be mindful of your career goals and objectives. There is a lot of room for growth within our team as you are ready and willing to take on more responsibilities.
* We encourage personal and professional development.
OUR MANAGEMENT STYLE:
* Our president at Walner Law promotes an 'open door policy' whereby employees can talk freely with members of the management staff.
* We always promote a team culture that is positive and fun, while also maintaining a strong sense of professionalism in the office and between team members.
* We have amazing outings to celebrate our employees.
* Our Monday morning huddles is where we share recent wins & positivity
* We provide continuing professional education and coaching.
* Enjoy free access to the gym in our building!
* Paid holidays, PTO and sick days
* Transit program
* 401K, medical insurance
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000+ per year based upon experience.
Walner Law is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status
Send resumes to Lea@walnerlaw.com,