Experience: 3 years
Location: Chicago Loop
Area of Practice: Patent Prosecution
IP Docking Specialist
Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC (HFZ), a boutique IP law firm located in the heart of downtown Chicago, is in search of an IP Docketing Specialist to join our Patent & Trademark staff. The IP Docketing Specialist is responsible for handling the Intellectual Property Patent &Trademark Docketing for our firm, working directly with the IP Docketing Manager, IP attorneys, foreign filing specialist(s) and legal assistants to clear dockets, generate reports, and ensure all deadlines and reminders are fulfilled. This position will support all aspects of U.S. and foreign docketing, accurately identifying docketing deadlines for the benefit of our clients and the firm.
Compensation is commensurate with Experience.
• Timely and accurately docket new US and foreign patent & trademark case filings, incoming office actions, transfer cases and correspondence (PTO, PCT, and Foreign Associate), as needed.
• Support and work with the firm's docketing system databases.
• Run docket reports as needed.
• Provide a quality assurance review for patent & trademark filing docket entries by noting and referring any inconsistencies observed during the normal course of docketing duties for resolution.
• Prepare docket status and maintenance fee reports for clients and attorneys as needed.
• Assist in checking and updating the status of patent & trademark cases with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and foreign patent offices when appropriate.
• Perform electronic interactions with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as well as foreign and international intellectual property entities (e.g., searches and status checks).
• Upload Client documents to Anaqua, Aurora and other client interfaces as needed.
HFZ's IP Docketing Specialist will be an individual who:
• Is strongly analytical, organized, highly motivated, proactive and detail oriented.
• Is willing to learn new skills to enhance the firm's docketing.
• Can exercise independent thought and professional judgment in a fast-paced environment.
• Possesses excellent written, verbal, and people skills with the ability to work through problems to resolution.
• Understands the importance of protecting confidential information.
• Can work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Bachelor's Degree with Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• 3 years of substantive docketing experience at a large law firm or corporation required; IP docketing preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of U.S. and foreign patents, PAIR, Trademarks and PCT.
• Experience with IP Manager and Anaqua a plus.
• Possesses a working technical knowledge to support the firm's docketing system databases.
• Be tech savvy, with a willingness to learn new software.
To apply: upload your resume and transcripts for the IP Docket Specialist position on the HFZ website: https://hfzlaw.com/recruit ATTN: Bill O'Connor, Recruitment Manager