Experience: 5-7 years
Location: Chicago Loop
Corporate & Transactional Legal Secretary
Mid-sized Chicago Law Firm is growing and has an opportunity for an Experienced Corporate/Transactional Legal Secretary, with a minimum of 5-7 years legal administrative experience in corporate and legal transactions. Must be multi-talented and experienced in performing administrative job-responsibilities in conjunction with legal secretarial duties. Chuhak & Tecson is not only committed to providing the best service for our clients but also for our employees and community. We offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience composing attorney correspondence and preparing legal documents such as, agreements, contracts, affidavits, auditor's letters, waivers, notes, disclosures, opinion letters, engagement letters, conflict letters, wills, trusts, estate plan and probate documents, promissory notes.
• Familiarity with due diligence organization for transactions, closing checklists, basic schedule preparation and legal entity basics.
• Experience with legal billing and recording time to the appropriate client/matter.
• Knowledge of document management systems.
• Ability to open files and/or new business matters, as well as closes files in preparation for transfer to offsite storage.
• Strong organizations skills and calendar management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Team player who can skillfully multitask and adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
Chuhak & Tecson provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Please send resumes to: email@example.com ( No agency submissions)
Please note that all applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.