Experience: 5+ years
Location: Chicago West Suburbs
Area of Practice: Real Estate
Real Estate Paralegal - Oak Brook, IL
InSite Real Estate is a national commercial real estate development company based in Oak Brook, Illinois. We develop, own, and operate retail, industrial and office properties nationwide. We are looking for an experienced paralegal to join our legal team.
Why Join Us?
This is an opportunity to work in the fast-paced environment of our legal team which handles the legal matters for our portfolio of commercial real estate located across the country. Some of the primary duties include title and survey review, preparation of preliminary drafts of documents, formation and maintenance of entities, and conducting closings.
* Broad experience in general transactional real estate: acquisitions, sales, financings, like-kind exchanges
* Experience in retail, office and industrial development projects, including ability to conduct detailed title and survey analysis for potential developments
* Ability to perform basic legal drafting of purchase agreements, sale agreements, closing documents, etc. from provided templates
* Understanding of process to create and maintain corporations, trusts and limited liability companies (Illinois and Delaware), including preparation of Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Formation, operating agreements, bylaws, resolutions, etc. from provided templates
* Ability to independently conduct closings of acquisitions, sales and financing transactions
* Basic understanding of leasing; ability to abstract a commercial lease
* Title company, large law firm or development experience a plus
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office; experience in Microsoft Excel
* Ability to learn proprietary software
* Must be capable of working independently without significant direction from superiors
* Excellent organizational skills
Send your resume to: Anne Collins | Director - Resource Management