Experience: 2-6 years
Location: Chicago Loop
Area of Practice: General
Legal Administrative Assistant
Traub Lieberman Straus & Shrewsberry LLP is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to work in its downtown Chicago office. The ideal candidate should have 2-6 years of experience.
Duties include but not limited to:
* Produces legal documents (such as pleadings, briefs, opinions, complaints, administrative decisions, orders, etc.) from verbal or written instructions, dictation, rough drafts, or other materials;
* Inserts and/or completes legal citations in legal documents;
* Bate-labeling and redacting documents with Adobe Acrobat software;
* Schedules and arranges meetings, conferences and depositions;
* Monitors court dockets and firm calendar to assist attorneys with compliance of filing deadlines and court appearances;
* Calendar court orders, notices of hearings, motions, depositions and meetings in Outlook;
* Arranges travel for staff, including scheduling transportation and making hotel reservations;
* Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax, and content;
* Prepares notices of hearings/notices of depositions and sends to interested parties;
* Composes routine letters and memoranda and prepares reports using knowledge of work area instructions and guidelines;
* Reviews legal documents to ensure they are in proper format and contain all necessary portions or related documents for court acceptance; vOrganizes paper/electronic files and maintains working knowledge of paper/electronic file materials;
* Prepares and assembles materials, documents, and exhibits for meetings, court appearances, and hearings;
* Assists in the preparation of financial reports, travel vouchers, and timekeeping; and
* Performs other related work as assigned by administration and assigned attorneys.
The ideal candidate will have litigation experience, proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and excellent organization skills. Salary commensurate with experience. We are business casual.
Benefits package available includes:
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Paid Maternity Leave
* Life and disability insurance
* 401(k) plan
* Paid vacation and holidays
Please submit a PDF formatted resume and cover letter to
No links to resumes/bios please.