Experience: 2+ years
Location: Chicago Loop
Area of Practice: Plaintiff personal injury
Receptionist/ Docket Clerk
Law Firm - Front Desk Administrative Assistant/ Docket Clerk Well-established plaintiff's personal injury Chicago Loop law firm is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual to serve as our Front Desk Administrative Assistant/Docket Clerk.
Core responsibilities include:
* Assist with the internal document management and calendaring duties by culling relevant information from pleadings and correspondence and entering this information into the firm's docketing database
* Distribute daily calendar and docket log
* Thru daily calendaring, alert attorneys and support staff to receipt of court papers and notices, and to impending deadlines
* Assist in maintaining electronic copies of all case related correspondence and pleadings that are received
* Court Electronic Filing support as assigned
* Answer incoming calls, received on a multi-line phone system, in a cordial, professional and timely manner. Transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
* Greet clients and visitors to the office with warmth and professionalism.
* Provide high level services to staff, clients and guests.
* Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned
* College degree or completion of a legal assistant program desired. vPrior experience providing support in a law firm setting is a plus
* Demonstrated extensive experience with computer software, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail programs, and case management software
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Strong communication skills oral and written
* Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
* Availability and flexibility to work overtime as needed
* Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
Send your resume to: :
415 N. State St, Chicago, IL 60654
You must include the box number LB 2583 in the subject of the email. If you do not want your resume sent to a particular firm put the name of the firm and the box number in the body of the e-mail. Indicate 'Confidential Reply' in the subject line.