Experience: 2-5 years
Location: Chicago West Suburbs
Area of Practice: Education
Education Lawyer - Berwyn IL.
Del Galdo Law Group, LLC is a boutique government practice law firm located in Berwyn, Illinois, that concentrates in the representation of units of government, including elementary schools, high schools, and community colleges.
The firm is seeking an attorney with a high level of understanding and 2-5 years of experience in education law. This position requires the attorney to provide legal services and counseling on various education issues to Boards of Education, Superintendents, and other School District employees. The ideal candidate for employment should have experience in the following areas:
* Collective bargaining agreement negotiations, interpretations and grievances;
* Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board issues regarding unfair labor practices as well as unit certification issues;
* Administrative litigation matters (i.e. IDHR, EEOC, etc.);
* Tenured teacher dismissal hearings and procedures;
* Special education matters;
* Student disciplinary, record and residency issues;
* Vendor contract review and competitive bidding issues;
* Administrative employment contract issues;
* Open Meetings Act and Freedom of Information Act compliance issues;
* District Policies review; and
* Drafting, reviewing, and revising legal documents such as legal opinions and Board resolutions.
The firm offers competitive salary and benefits, including healthcare and 401(k). If you are interested in working in a collaborative, collegial environment, please submit a cover letter, resume, references, and writing sample to:
415 N. State St, Chicago, IL 60654
You must include the box number LB 2526 in the subject of the email. If you do not want your resume sent to a particular firm put the name of the firm and the box number in the body of the e-mail. Indicate 'Confidential Reply' in the subject line.