Location: Chicago Loop
Area of Practice: Workers' Compensation
Workers' Compensation Defense Attorney
In this role you will be responsible for defending workers' compensation claims and also handling litigated matters assigned by the Managing Attorney.
You will complete all tasks necessary to prepare the cases for mediation, pre-trial, trial and post-trial resolution in the defense of State Auto Insurance Company and its insureds.
• You will be responsible for defending IL workers' compensation claims and all litigated matters assigned by the Managing Attorney.
• Case load will be primarily in northern and central IL counties (other than Cook County), and will require travel by car.
• You will maintain all requirements for the practice of law in the State of Illinois.
• May be called upon to perform additional tasks as necessary.
• 3 years experience in the practice of law.
• JD degree required.
• Licensed to practice law in IL.
• Experience defending IL workers' compensation claims.
• In-house counsel experience for an insurer is a plus.
• Basic computer skills and experience with Google and Microsoft.
Apply at https://www.stateauto.com/